Awele Creative Trust call for entries for its Short Story Prize
By Adesoji Lydia
Awele Creative Trust (ACT) – a non-profit trust formed with the aim of providing a platform for young Nigerians in literature and arts is calling for entries for its 2nd Creative Trust Award from every unpublished Nigerian writer
Submission is ongoing for the award, and eligibility for the awards are as follows:
- Participants should be between the ages of 16 and 26.
- manuscripts should be between 2500 and 5000 words.
- Submission is via email amongst others.
- Participants can only submit one story.
- Submission should include such details like author’s email address, telephone number, a cover note, and date of birth.
- Previously submitted work is not eligible.
A longlist will be announced on January 2016 from which a shortlist of 5 will be picked on February 20, 2016. The overall winner will be announced in April, 2016.
The winner will get a prize of 50,000 naira. Translated work can also be submitted, although in case the entry wins, the translator will get 20,000 naira.
Submission of manuscript started on September 1, and will close by November 5, 2015.